I am super excited to share that I have created a 60 planner (ahh!). Are you ready to wake up each day feeling refreshed, inspired, and whole? Are you ready to start each and every day of your life on a high? Are you ready to get your life all the way together? Look no further than your Wallflower planner. This 60-day planner is a way to become motivated, check in with yourself, and celebrate your wins. Packed with motivational quotes, affirmations writing, to do lists, water intake tracking (we have to stay hydrated), sleep and workout tracking, and more! I’m really excited to have this for you all to have this planner. If you get it and you have any feedback, I’d love to hear it. I’ve been working on it for a while now and I hope you enjoy it.
I’m super excited but also nervous because well, when it comes to marketing myself. I’m terrified of what people will think of me and if you’re anything like me, you’re probably feeling the same way. I won’t lie, it can hurt when you create something but then hardly anyone buys it or are interested in it. I know for sure I’m scared to talk about what I do and what I’ve created because I have imposter syndrome. There are lots of podcast episodes that I listened to about imposter syndrome: Style Your Mind, Redefining Wealth with Patrice Washington, Her Best F**king Life all have featured episodes on imposter syndrome.
Or maybe you’re like me and have a fear of self-promotion. Personally, I hate the attention on me and I feel weird if I have to talk about myself. It can feel really selfish and conceited.
How to Combat fear of self-promotion
- Affirmations! Saying affirmations every day can help shift the negative thinking.
- Therapy or Coaching. Business coaching or any other similar coaching can do wonders for you. You have accountability and you have someone guiding you as well. Therapy should be done to get to the root of the issue with your fear of promoting yourself!
- Don’t worry about what other people think. I know easier said than done, right? But you need to get over it. Some people will always complain no matter what you do so you might as well put yourself out there.
- Provide value to your audience. If you want your audience to purchase your products or services, you need to make sure it’s what they need.
- Learn new skills! The more skills you learn, the more marketable you’ll be. You can take courses, earn a certificate, or use sites like Skillshare or Masterclass where you take online courses from experts in their field.
I hope these tips help you to get out of your comfort zone and hopefully you don’t feel bad about promoting yourself!