Recently I went axe throwing with an old coworker and man was it fun! I’ve always been interested in axe throwing ever since I saw a building pop up during my last few months in Tallahassee. I was intrigued. Kind of like those smash rooms where they put you in a room and you smash things with a bat. If you’re not sure what axe throwing is, it’s basically what it sounds like. It’s exactly like throwing darts but instead of darts they’re axes.
Anyway, school had just gotten out and we wanted to celebrate us leaving the school we were with and going to the district. Besides, we just really wanted to get together and hang out. I was super nervous to do it to be honest. I’m a pretty clumsy girl and my aim? Is not all that great. But I went anyway. Getting out of my comfort zone and doing things that scared me only made me feel wiser. Well after axe throwing, not only did I feel a bit better about myself, it showed just how strong I am! I felt powerful and invincible. Did I miss the target more than a few times? Hell yes but I still never gave up and I had so much fun!
If there’s something you’ve been itching to do, do it! Go on a solo date. Write that book. Throw that axe! You’ll be so glad you did. While you’re at it, enjoy these affirmations. Save them. Write them down. You’ll feel so powerful.
Affirmations for Strength, Courage & Power
- With every drop of sweat, my self-doubt melts away.
- I am stronger than my temporary painful thoughts. I will not let myself get trapped into a destructive cycle of thinking.
- I can’t give up on myself. I deserve to live better than this.
- I am enough.
- I embrace the rhythm of life and let it unfold.
- I can become anything I put my mind to.
- I have the courage to stand up for my beliefs.
- I have the power within to decide what I want, and how I want to live.
- I am whole, I am learning, I am letting go.
What have you done that was out of your comfort zone?