I just finished reading Jamie Kern Lima’s book and man oh man I love it. If you’re reading this post right now, it means that the book is currently out! It was released today (2/23/2021). It’s out today! Jamie Kern Lima’s new book “Believe IT: How to Go from Underestimated to Unstoppable.” You can get amazing free gifts when you order now at BelieveIT.com. The free gifts are a course and a 95 page workbook (action plan). If you’ve never heard of her, she’s the founder of it Cosmetics. She started the company in her living room and eventually became the #1 luxury cosmetics brand in the world. She later sold the company to Loreal for over a billion dollars. Yes you read that correct: billion. She is a true self made Billionaire. I just remember thinking for years, wow she should have a book and share her tips about business or life. And she finally did!
I discovered it cosmetics through watching infomercials. I thought it was unusual because well…she’s is a lady with curves and that is just something I wasn’t used to seeing from the beauty industry. And apparently, her weight was a stumbling block to her getting in the stores. She heard the word “No” for years from investors and retail companies. It wasn’t until she got her chance from a woman (which you all should read her story about this. It’s amazing). Anyway, she got her opportunity at QVC. She had 10 min to sell her products or that was it for her company…she sold out on national TV and her products quickly gained popularity and the rest is history.
When she posted to Instagram that she was coming out with a book, I was so excited. As soon as the link to pre-order was available, I clicked so fast lol. I went to my trusty amazon and bought the e-book since it was cheaper. A few days or weeks later, she announced that she was putting together a launch team and I contemplated joining before I finally decided to go for it and apply! I was elated when I was an official member on the launch team. Basically as part as the launch team, we post about the book and try to build up customers to buy it. We got the free gifts that buyers this week would get which is the course and workbook and we also could win some extra goodies. Yesterday, she held the Unstoppable conference which omg was amazing. She had Ed Mylett, Tony Robbins, Jay Shetty, the founder of Spanx, and much much more. It felt like a 10 hour conference because…well it went on for most of the day! Legit but each speaker was on fire! It was amazing.
By the time it ended, I was still on a high. I felt so inspired. By the end of reading her book, I felt like I was on the right path. Everything will be okay. The way I felt after reading her book is the same way I want my readers to feel after reading my book. But this is not about me lol.
Some of the takeaways that I got from the book are:
- We shouldn’t have to play small. We shouldn’t dim out light to make others feel comfortable. When we don’t share our accomplishments with others, how can we inspire others, especially women. Men have no trouble bragging about what accomplishment they’ve made, so why should we? You never know who’s watching.
- It’s important to have a “toolbox”. Basically its stuff that reminds you of who you are. some go-to’s when you’re feeling low. It can be positive affirmations, maybe some letters or nice notes from friends, basically anything that would lift your mood if you’re having a rough day. Cara Alwill talks about this in one of her books. For Cara, it would be more like positives notes from family, friends, or followers.
- We have to trust our intuition. Even though she was told for YEARS, she still kept pushing forward because it was something that she believed in and she knew in her heart that this would change women’s lives. We need to trust our gut even when people don’t understand our vision or if they don’t feel we look like the part.
- We need to be careful of who we listen to. There will be people who are negative and some people who speaks life into us. Even if we can’t help it (there are just times where we cannot control being around negative people). Try to be mindful of who you tell things to. There’s power in the tongue. Be careful that `you “give your mic” to someone who will actually uplift you and give constructive feedback…not hate on you are doing or speak doubt into it.
- Try God. This was one of my favorite takeaways of the book. With God being such a huge part of my life. Well…faith is really big for me. God has been there for every up and down. She talked about how eventually she lost faith that God even existed and when she asked him to show up in her life, he showed up and showed out! If you’re interested in having more faith or a closer relationship with God, try prayer. That’s the first step.
Those were just some of the takeaways from the book. Again, it’s amazing. You can get it at the link I posted earlier in the post or on Amazon. Would you be interested in this book? Let me know in the comments.