Something that I’m trying to do more of is post whenever I make something that I think my readers will like (or at least something that enjoyed eating). Well y’all have I got a recipe for you. Its so easy and so quick, anyone could do it. I introduce you all to: Sopapilla Chips! They are delicious. Its a sweet treat that’s great as a dessert or as a quick little snack (just don’t eat too many).
I remember the first time I had them. I was at a Mexican restaurant in CityWalk at Universal Studios Orlando for my birthday. The waiters brought them out for my cousin and I (our birthdays are a couple days apart) and they did the whole bit of singing happy birthday. They served these crisps with caramel and dulce de leche ice cream. It was so yummy. I savored that memory and every time I taste one it brings me back to that first time I tasted it!
As you may or may not know, I’m a huge Pioneer Woman fan. On one of her episodes, she made cinnamon ice cream with these cinnamon crisps. Y’all I was floored. I was so excited. I thought to myself, Now I can make this at home! I’ve been saying that to myself for at least two years. Until last week. My roomie, her cousin that was hiding out from Hurricane Dorian, and I were watching a movie in our living room. Drinks were flowing and I thought of the brilliant idea to make cinnamon crisp! We had the ingredients, so I thought to myself, why not? So I headed to the kitchen, saw what ingredients I had available and got to work. I had to substitute a couple of items because I simply didn’t have them (I’ll go shopping tomorrow. I promise). I had some whole wheat tortillas (healthier, right) and since I didn’t have any butter available, I used olive oil.
Ready to make an easy treat(also I didn’t measure anything. It was mostly sprinkle til your hearts desire)?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- On aluminum foil, place the tortilla (or more if you’re making more)
- Rub olive oil on both sides of the tortilla
- First sprinkle the sugar on one side of the tortilla (sprinkle til your heart’s content)
- Then sprinkle the cinnamon on the same side of the tortilla
- Flip it over and do it again on the other side. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar
- Drizzle one side of the tortilla with honey
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping the tortilla halfway
- After baking, let it cool
- Once hardened and cooled, break it into pieces
See how easy that was? Let me know what you think of it. What easy dessert recipes do you enjoy?